Who needs Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy?
Children and young people with movement and sensory challenges often require Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy to reach their developmental potential and independence goals. Challenges may be a result of:
- Developmental delay, learning difficulties and coordination difficulties. This may be associated with prematurity, chromosomal or genetic conditions such as Down Syndrome and many other causes. Developmental Coordination Disorder/Motor Dyspraxia will often result in movement challenges. A diagnosis or cause may not be known.
- Physical and intellectual disability. This may be a result of conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, metabolic conditions, Muscular Dystrophies, Acquired Brain Injury, neurological diagnoses and Autism Spectrum Disorder amongst others.
Why ‘A Bright Choice’?:
Referring to Kelly and Darryl at ‘A Bright Choice’ will ensure your child / teen receives:
- Experience, quality and knowledge.
- A consistent and reliable therapist.
- Close communication with other health and medical professionals.
- Personable, empathic approach with children, young people, families and teachers.
- Accurate and functional assessment and re-evaluation as required.
- Goal and outcome directed therapy in line with evidence based practice.
- Fun and interesting therapy and programs connecting with the child/ teen.